Bill McCusker
Bill McCusker, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at Rhode Island Harvesting Co
96417199

Left gas in snowblower over winter, now. Won't start,

Customer Question

Left gas in snowblower over winter, now. Won't start, advised gas made a film need to clean it out with carbuator
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: no need to drain old fuel, add new and also add carb cleaner and prime several times, they gave me a spray cleaner I thought it should be liquid?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, thought I would try!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What kind of cleaner they called it start your engine we don't have that in Alaska!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Bill McCusker replied 10 months ago.
Hello welcome to just answers. My name is***** see if we can solve this together.
Most of the time is carb cleaner but they make so many brands. All you really need is something to break up the film. Even rubbing alcohol would work. I would advise a carb kit also