Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

My Dixie was mowing mowing fine, it bogged down in some tall

Customer Question
My Dixie was mowing mowing...
My Dixie was mowing mowing fine, it bogged down in some tall & thick grass. I am unable to get it to 'recrank. I check some of the voltages. It appears to have ignition or key switch problems. Do you have any recommendations for me ?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: U
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if that's possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has voltage to the starter solenode
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
10/26/2016
Technician: Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Did you disengage the pto ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I haven't . I am not familiar with the PTO. what & where is it? I don't know what to look for!
Ok the mower died with the blades engaged , meaning it won't start if the blades are still engaged , turn the key to on and disengage the pto and see if it will then start
Hi were you able to try disengaging the pto switch
Hi did you get your mower running again ?
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician