Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My petrol Yamaha golf cart will not start. When you press

Customer Question

My petrol Yamaha golf cart will not start. When you press the accelorator there is a clicking sound but the engine will not run.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: There is fuil in the tank
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

A rapid clicking when pedal is pressed for start? Or a single click? Do you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage? Rapid clicking is low voltage to the starter solenoid and will be low battery or bad cable connections.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Curtis when you press the pedel there is only 1 click and nothing else happens.
Expert:  erwin-cssm replied 9 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/small-engine/9zds5-petrol-yamaha-golf-cart-will-not-start-when-press.html).
Thank you, ***** Support Team.

Can you turn the engine using the drive pulley for the belt? Just to insure the engine is not locked! Then go direct to the starter solenoid and jump the two cable posts, and see if the engine spins. If it does, the solenoid needs to be checked, as t has to complete this circuit. It clicks, but nothing is happening, would indicate the solenoid is bad, or the starter/generator.