Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2012 exmark with a ecvno power when blades on I put…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 exmark with a ecv(###) ###-####no power when blades on I put temp gage at exhaust and one cylinder appears to be not firing correctly I assumed it was coil to my surprise it s not standard 2 coil system whats next

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days, it would take a few minutes then seemed engine would warm up then it would work all day

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Never always worked well ive always kept up on maintenance

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think its some sort of firing problem don't know what to change

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
10/25/2016
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Have you pulled the shroud from your engine?

Thanks for your response. When you say that your engine does not have the standard two coil system, are you referring to your coils being different?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm taking it in thanks

Thanks for letting me know. I do hope all goes well for you.