Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Riding mower Mfg.04-2006, 18.o I/C OHC. I finished

Customer Question

I have a Riding mower Mfg.04-2006, 18.o I/C OHC. I finished my lawn, shut it off and now it will not move. I changed gears in the Transmission and in neutral it rolls free, but in any other gear it wonl
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: won't freely move. I took the back panel off and the pulley on the Transmission seems to be secure. Checked the belt and it is in place. The clutch seems to be working since it starts with no problem. I was wondering if there is some sort of Relay. It's a Poulin.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That's my plan.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of. Both pulleys on the Motor are turning with no problem.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Model number? Nothing else done? Rear tire not removed for flat repair? f top transmission belt is turning when engine is running, the unit should drive!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It doesn't.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Gee, this is what I get for 18 dollars and then another 24. It should work. I knew better. Don't know how much you'll are planning on charging me for "It should work". No thanks.

We have to work together! I was just trying to verify if that is the whole story. You don't have model number listed, I need to ask about the tires, and if transmission belt is tight!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

I see question is still open. With top belt not turning, the drive pulley on the crankshaft of engine may not be turning, sheared key or loose pulley.