Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I just changed oil in my Troy-Bilt 5550 watt generator, and

Customer Question

I just changed oil in my Troy-Bilt 5550 watt generator, and having completed that I noticed that there are two add oil yellow plugs and two drain plugs on the machine.
The drain plug I used was on the end of the unit and located under the recoil starter. The fill hole I used was on the left side of the unit, as I faced the recoil starter, and it was located in proximity of the muffler.
As I prepared to move the generator into a storage location I noticed another yellow oil fill plug on the right side if the unit as I faced the recoil starter. In close proximity to this oil fill location, and on the same side was a drain plug.
My question is this- did I make a mistake in using the locations which I used for draining and filling the oil, or do the two different locations serve the same function?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

You are ok! The unit has multiple fill and check locations, to accommodate the generator being in different positions. Both fills and check ports are same.

Thanks!