Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a generac 16kw generator that isn't starting and is

Customer Question

Hi, I have a generac 16kw generator that isn't starting and is showing a 1603 underspeed alarm I've checked the battery and fuse and both are fine
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: its natural gas
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping not to but with the storm coming in this weekend I can't get anyone out until early nov if it's simple enough I'll give it a try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm new to generator maintenance?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

With a code 1603, the first thing you need to do is to have the fuel system tested. It is the most likely cause of the problem.

Unfortunately, if you have not had gaseous fuel training and have the proper equipment, this is not something you can do yourself.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Was this what you wanted to know?