JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My Murray trimmer is a little Stubborn to start but isn't

Customer Question

My Murray trimmer is a little Stubborn to start but isn't that bad, my problem is that it stalls when you pull on the throttle. It doesn't matter how long the engine has warmed up. If you feather the throttle it might get a little more stable but will not get fast enough to cut the grass. I use regular gas with the oil added, and the store bought mixed can of fuel.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you John.
Expert:  JON replied 9 months ago.

Sounds like the carb needs a new kit installed as if it will not throttle up, either the carb kit on high side is bad, or there is a clog in the jet. You can try to just remove and clean the carb, but rebuild is also recommended. If this is NOT something you are doing yourself, it may not be worth repair due to shop prices and the cost of a new machine

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL