Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Deere 345. Kawasaki twin cylinder liquid cooled.

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 345. Kawasaki twin cylinder liquid cooled. Just recently it has started overheating. I can run it for about 5 minutes before the temperature light comes on. The oil levels are good. Coolant levels good. I was wondering you thoughts on where to start. Thermostat? Clogged Radiator?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Rapid overheat can be sticking thermostat, or a water pump that is not circulating the coolant, due to bad impeller . Remove the thermostat, and try running without it, and watch the radiator cap for circulation