Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My generac np-34-lp will not crank. There is a buzzing,

Customer Question

My generac np-34-lp will not crank. There is a buzzing, possibly from stuck solenoid. How do I correct this?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The generator is in my camper and has been sitting for over two years. I tried to start it yesterday. It has fuel, and it is hooked up to house current via shore line. Everything else in the camper has power.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes it has fuel and it is flowing.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Unless it is a major problem, yes I will be doing what I can. I have no problem going for professional assistance, but this does not seem to be a major repair.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Where is the solenoid on this generator. I don't want to be disassembling the entire engine or pulling all the shrouds off if I can get to it easily.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Solenoid is at the end of the positive battery cable. But a buzzing or rapid clicking from the solenoid would e low voltage to the solenoid. Do you have at least 12. 5 volts going to the solenid? Battery voltage above 12.5 volts?