Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

It will crank and blades will engage but it will not move,

Customer Question

it will crank and blades will engage but it will not move, not forward or backward
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it just happened yesterday
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model number LTX 1045. Ran out of gas and I pulled the hydro-static release lever on the back of the mower so it could be pushed. Filled it with gas and pushed the lever back in and it will not go forward or backwards
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: This is its second season. Mower is well kept. Looks brand new.MFG number13AX93AT056
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

See the link above, your drive belt is off a pulley or broken.

See if you can look up under the fender and see if the top pulley is turning on the top of the transmission. If pulley is not turning with engine running the belt is broken or off a pulley.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did not help abd more money was required . Will not yse this again
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did not help. Each time additional money was required ! Will not use this service again!!!!

You don't have to add anything more! Just do NOT ask for call. We can continue witout any other charges! Did you find the belt to be turning the top pulley? I work from home as a contractor and have nothing to do with the site trying to upsell you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is under warranty and I called them to come and get it

Smart move! Thanks for the reply!