Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a CK35 tractor purchased new in June, 2014. Recently

Customer Question
I have a CK35 tractor...
I have a CK35 tractor purchased new in June, 2014. Recently while removing debris from my landscape rake I noticed the filler plug for the Gearbox and right below this, I located the dipstick for same. I removed the dipstick and found it to be dry. I called the dealer where I purchased it to find out which lubricant to use. I purchased a two gallon bottle of premium trans/hydraulic lube and added this through the filler port. The dipstick showed dry. I then added a second bottle and the oil level was up to the first mark. I added about half of a third bottle and the dipstick showed full. (Approx. 5 gallons). I am concerned about possibility of damage to gears while running low on lube oil. I park this tractor on our paved church parking lot...there is no leak. Who might I contact about this situation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 2 days by:
9/22/2016
Technician: peterpete190,
 replied 1 year ago
peterpete190

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the dealer has always maintained this and the fluid was dry or if you have not had it serviced and there is no leak at all it sounds like the fluid was never installed.It is very possible that damage may have occurred in the gear box but its hard to say for sure without having it inspected fully.

You might let the dealer know that the fluid was empty and you had to fill it up all the way and that there is no leaks and that you believe it was never full when you purchased it.They may be able to contact their rep to get authorization to inspect the gear box and repair as needed under warranty.I would at least have it inspected in either case to see if any damage is present.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I contacted the manufacturer customer service and talked with a tech. He explained that although the fluid level was low, the likelihood of any damage is low because there was enough fluid to operate the hydraulics. Thanks Gary
Technician: peterpete190,
 replied 1 year ago

That is very possible.It may just have needed the fluid topped off but at least the manufacturer knows that there was an issue here so if anything were to occur at some point soon that needed repaired or replaced they may cover it under warranty.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190