Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have replaced the fuel pump, control board and voltage

Customer Question

I have replaced the fuel pump, control board and voltage regulator on my 1999 Onan Marquis 5500 BGM Spec H generator, mounting the fuel pump on the upper half of the front panel. It continues to run for a while and then quits. After it quits, it will not restart for 15 minutes or so although the fuel pump is pumping fuel when the starter is running. The electronic governor is working the throttle but the engine runs rough, surges and quits after a minute or so. What should I try next?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

When the unit is running, does it surge all the time, or does it run smooth for a while and then begin surging and shut down?

Once it has shut down, are you getting spark to both plugs?