Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

10 hp I/C L head cast iron engine. Too much compression to

Customer Question
start. Preignites with sometimes painful...
10 hp I/C L head cast iron engine. Too much compression to start. Preignites with sometimes painful consequences. Did not do this until recently. Checked flywheel key and found no problem with it.
What might be the cause of the problem?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
9/9/2016
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 year ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Check that the engine is not trying to hydro lock. Gas in the oil. If machine is kicking back on you when you attempt to pull start then I would check all these if flywheel key is good. If none of the above is the issue, you could be looking at bad valves

JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician