Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an older LMC finish mower that i am replacing the

Customer Question

i have an older LMC finish mower that i am replacing the shaft of due to stripped threads. i have the belts off and the nut that hold the pull on the shaft, how do i remove the pull?
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: LMC ( lowrey manufacturing co in Boaz Ala) I really have no idea of model or age??? it is a 72" finish mower
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: im in the process. i am at the stage of removing the pull in ordr order to replace the shaft
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that is all the info i have
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Pulley has to be pulled or pried up, off the shaft so the key can be removed to drive the shaft out the bottom. Usually a double pry under the pulley and a little tapping on the shaft should get pulley off the shaft.

Did you see my response?