Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Deere D110 that will not move forward or backwards.

Customer Question

I have a John Deere D110 that will not move forward or backwards. It worked fine until I went to use it again.
Now, the pedal seems too easy to push and doesn't really seem to be doing anything when it is pushed.
Any ideas? Also, the belt seems fine.
Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had the "parking brake" on when I went to start it. Once I deployed the clutch it didn't really seem to "snap" back into position after taking my foot off of it.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Mike, if you are still in need of assistance, I will be happy to help you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I still am trying to figure out the problem.The mower has never done this before and preformed fine the last time I used it.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. How many belts does your mower have?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The mower does not respond to the the pedal when I depress it forward or backwards.It feels as the it is t making a "connection" with the drive belt but the belt seemed fine upon initial inspection.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Double check your drive belt. If it is loose, worn, or off of one of your pulleys, this can cause our problem. I am sure your deck belt is ok.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, the mower (when turned off) rolls very easily a couple feet until it seems to "grab" and not want to roll easily. Once I press the clutch and start it again and then turn it off, it will roll easily for a few more feet.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The belt seems fine, best I can tell with the deck still on it.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

If you have the time, I would remove the deck to get a better view, and to be sure.

Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Transaxles rarely go out without an advanced warning. So, I believe your transaxle is ok.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will, but I'm currently at work. I don't know when I can do this. I will contact you as soon as I can do this. Is there anything else I should check?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is it common for a belt to start giving a problem without showing any issues previously? It seemed to work perfect the last time I used it.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

It is common for belt to come off of pulleys. Check all of the pulleys that are associated with your drive. Check to see if your drive belt is tight after you fully release your brake/clutch. This will be a good starting point. We can continue from here, after you return.