Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I replaced my with a new one and it started great but now it

Customer Question
I replaced my carburetor with...
I replaced my carburetor with a new one and it started great but now it does not want to start.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
9/4/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

When did you last use it? I worked ok, with the new carburetor? If you remove the spark plug, and ground it to the engine metal, do you have good spark? Is the plug wet? If you have spark, and plug is dry, put a few drops of fuel direct into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will fire for a few seconds. If it does, but will not continue to run, it is not getting fuel to cylinder. Is carburetor mounting gasket good and are the screws tight? Did you replace the fuel lines when you cleaned the tank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be removing the spark plug which was my next step. The mounting gasket is on good and the screws are tight. The fuel lines are new as is the fuel tank. Thank you.

Sorry I have been out of town on unexpected probelm. Did you get it running?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician