JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

Have a CH25S runs great with the choke about half way. Want

Customer Question

Have a CH25S runs great with the choke about half way. Want to know the initial setting for the idle air screw. Also the float level measurement.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Download the service manual above, page 26 shows the adjustments for the engine you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That manual doesn't give me any info about air screw setting or float level measurement. I have that manual in paperback in my shop.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Page 26 shows the adjustments.???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows the adjustments for a two barrel carb. Not a single barrel which is what is on mine.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

One barrel carburetor starts at page 24.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input. I'm not happy. You haven't told me anything that I haven't already looked into.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find the one barrel carb adjustments? I doubt it is mixture anyway, more likey a lack of fuel from tank , through the filter to the fuel pump.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

i can attach the one barrel carburetor if you didn't find it.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Single barrel carb link below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said I have the manual. Nowhere does it say idle air screw 2 turns out and adjust from there. Nowhere does it say the float level should be 3/16 from base. I've been working on engines for about 20 years. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Kohler does not do it like that. You Want something that will fit your idea.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out, maybe someone else will give you answer you like. Please do not respond to m, or it will lock your question.

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

There is no certain measurement per Kohler on the float. Either it seals or it doesn't. The idle air screw is adjusted starting at 2 turns counterclockwise from all the way inwards as a rule of thumb. Most of the time I find the correct setting to be 2 1/2 turns outward. Is your float sealing at the needle. If it will only run great with choke half way out and the idle/air screw doesn't clear it up, I would check to ensure all jets are free and clear of debris as this crb has many small opening for debris to get caught up in while running. When it is idling and you have choke half way, does it change when you go to high speed? Do you have to move choke again to level the engine out to run better? So I guess my questions are...

IS the needle sealing off, holding pressure?

How many turns out have you had the screw when you had to have choke half way?