Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a troy built tb6044 xp. It will start good but will

Customer Question

I have a troy built tb6044 xp. It will start good but will not ramp up it bogs down. I change the carb & plug.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Normally I would say trash it, but since this model is a $240 trimmer and also 4 cycle, let try to get it back running again. You say you have installed a brand new carburetor and also spark plug. How does the fuel lines and the fuel filter look. If you have a new carb, and when you pull trigger it dies out or bogs down, something is restricting the fuel or fire. I would first check the fuel lines and fuel filter. If they are clean and free of debris, the next step would be to check the valve clearence