Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My skags cheetah has been stopping on me while cutting grass

Customer Question

My skags cheetah has been stopping on me while cutting grass. I have changed the fuel pump. The fuel filter is good. I noticed one thing when I switch my tank to the right side, it does not run for long; then I look at the filter there is no gas in it. So I blow air in the gas line. Gas will start flowing from it then it stops, only on the right side. I have fuel in the tank. Also the shut-off valve is open and the fuel clean. It dies like its running out of gas.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Fuel tank has pickup tube in it. The Suction from the pump, back to the tank has to be vacuum tight, or the pump will not pickup fuel. Check the pickup tube and the line up to the switch over valve. It may be sucking air to the tube, but it may be restricted or split.