Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I recently purchased a Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower with

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower with a B&S 400000 Intek 24hr engine. I ran out of fuel while using one day & parked the mower for a week or so. Last night I filled the tank with fuel & tried to start the mower. It did not start. Didn't even turn over. I looked at the hour gauge & saw that it did nit light up when I turned the key. I figured the battery was dead. I attempted jump started the engine. it started up but only sputtered & blew out dark fumes. I attempted this a number of times. The dark fumes disappeared but the engine continued to sputter. It sounded like it was misfiring, or as if it were multiple cylinder engine with a cylinder not firing. The engine would run for a few minutes & would stop. It had not power.
Could this be due to a low charge on the battery? Or is it something else?
Thanks
Al
Annandale, NJ
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Low battery, the engine has electric solenoid on the carburetor that shuts fuel off, if it does not have 12 volts. Replace the battery.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's what I thought. Thanks

Thank you, ***** ***** using the star chart and get me credit!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No call necessary. I know what to do. Again thanks.

That is the site automation! Not me, I work from home as a contractor! Rate the question and that will close it!