Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259

Rear wheels won't turn Regent

Customer Question

rear wheels won't turn Regent(###) ###-####
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi i'm Wayne

I will help you with this

did this just happen all of a sudden

did you have rear wheels off ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a decent looking 5-speed mower that my neighbor said I could have, as it was "jambed in gear" and could not be rolled out of his backyard. I backed my F-150 up to it and chain-hoisted the rear of the tractor off the ground, then pulled it into my driveway. No manuals, but I assume all Simplicity user and parts breakdowns are available on line. Wheels are on.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

HI

So you are saying it is stuck in gear ??

1st look at the linkage underneath for the brake and clutch

does the gear shift move ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shift lever is frozen is some gear or another. I can't tell because I'm not used to the shift pattern, can't exercise the shift pattern, and there's a decent amount of slop in the shift lever. The mower is heavy, low to the ground, has a mowing deck and will not move, so looking at it will not be easy in the daylight of the driveway. I can tell that you are willing to help, but I have to get access to its underside and also find some on-line maintenance info.
Is it possible for you to keep a file of correspondence with me that we can revisit in a few days?
Can my deposit of $5 float also?
What are websites that have the info or videos for my Simplicity Regent ('93 - '95)?
How in the world do I get the tractor up so that I can assess things and work under it safely?
How do we re-establish conversation in a few days?
A phonecon between us is not warrented now. Maybe later.
Thanks, Willie.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi Willie

you just always come back here for info, it stays open

here is a link for parts break down

to see what you are looking at

click here