Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How do you remove bolts on the axle pivot bar on 2007 ZTR

Customer Question

How do you remove bolts on the axle pivot bar on 2007 ZTR 50? There is a bolt at the front of the deck for the pivot bar and it removed easily.The pivot bar consists of an inner and outer shaft. There is a bolt bat the back of the pivot bar and the inner shaft turns along with the bolt, since there is no way to hold the inner shaft, I am unable to remove the rear bolt on the axle pivot bar.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Is this a DIXON ZTR50 or CUB CADET RZT50? It states make is cub cadet, but model is ztr50.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cub Cadet RZT50
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

okay, give me a few moments please and I will be right back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

hold the outside with vise grips. there are flange bearings on each end, but only one solid shaft in center.

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

is this what you are referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would not miss something that simple. There is an inner shaft that cannot be reached with vice grips because it does not portrude out. the outer shaft can be held but the inner shaft continues to turn.
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

I will OPT OUT then, as the one I have in my hand doesn't have an inner or outer shaft. there are 2 flanges on the ends and the shaft sits in them with a bolt on each end. we must be on 2 separate models. Hopefully another expert can help you with this issue, as I am at a lose for an answer now

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

once you pull front bolt, you should be able to tap the shaft out of the rear. is the picture I posted not even of same machine? Maybe I just do not understand something here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My outer shaft also has a grease port to lubricate the inner shaft
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

What is the model number from the sticker on machine? Usually under seat area. Let me pull exact diagrams for the model #

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model 17AI2ACP709- I have pulled the front bolt but there is a bolt in the back that cannot be removed because the inner shaft turns to. if I could tap the inner shaft out the back then thaty would mean that the back bolt was holding nothing as the inner shaft is bigger than the bolt that is screwed inti it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not seen a picture-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see no reason to talk live. either you know how to remove the rear bolt on the pivot axle or you don't.
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Talk Live???

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

I will just OPT OUT. GL!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** I will need it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Bolts go through the frame, so they have t come out. I have has similar problem with front axle pivot and what i did was reinstall the bolt that is out, then loosen the one that is just spinning, then go back to the other and see if it will come out again! Impact wrench makes it work better as it has more spinning torque to loosen bolt. An electric impact for tires will work. The inner one you likely can't get impact on. but the front one you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the front bolt continues to be the one that comes out. you are the second expert that I have used and the problem can only be solved by immobilizing the inner shaft while turning the bolt at the same time. I will figure this out eventually but reinstalling the front bolt never had a prospect of success. Do not contact me again-I have no more time to waste with useless ideas.