Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2007 mule 3010 kaf620. I have cleaned carb and put

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mule 3010 kaf620. I have cleaned carb and put in. Ew gasket, float and needle and no matter what I try I cannot get it to seat off. It will idle and run fine when it warms up. When you hit the throttle it will bleed gas and will not stop. I am pretty familiar with this machine and it has been well taken care of. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Explain ( bleeds gas) ? It floods? Is this the twin engine or the single cylinder model. Has electric fuel pump, is the original low pressure pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Twin engine , original 3# ***** pressure fuel pump , floods out
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Have you ran cylinder test , to be sure both cylinders are firing?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Choke flap in carburetor not loose and closing down when you accelerate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's nothing you can see. It will run perfect for 15 minutes or so. As soon as you open throttle it will start pouring gas out.the needle seat don't seal off , it's all new float & seat. I've worked as a tech on my own Shop here in town for 35 yrs , retired now.
Raced cars built carbs a lot of years & never saw anything like it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is exhaust restricted? Where do you see the gas coming out? With engine running, the needle and float are constantly opening and closing. And with the Kawasaki engine, I see a coil fail, and then you have what seems to be flooding, but is cylinder not firing. Have you ran spark test when it acts up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gas will start coming out the front of the carb. Engine sounds good , just dies when gets too much gas.
It all started when the key got left on over night *& the pump kept running. I've changed oil & filter & put 2 new plugs in, cleaned carb & had apart numerous times even went to a friends house & got a carb off an old engine , cleaned it added new float & needle.... same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

That is why I don't think it is the carburetor! Same problem still exists, and These engines run well on one cylinder. And if the exhaust is restricted, the exhaust causes back pressure, and engine looses vacuum, so fule floods from carb.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The carb vent was the problem. I bought this mule new in 07. All I had to do is unplug vent hose & leave vent open.pulled the vent line out of frame rail & it's plugged.... runs perfect... thank you. Add that too your notes :)
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Good job! Thanks for the reply.