How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JON Your Own Question
JON, Small Engine Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 1181
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
JON is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace the cable that regulates the drive

Customer Question

I need to replace the cable that regulates the drive mechanism for my 20068 mower
none of the videos illustrate the configuration of the holes or cover that allow this cable to be replaced easily
Is there some trick I am missing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Cable will hook to the arm of transmission only 1 hole for it to hook to there. I will upload a picture if you would like. Easier to hook the transmission side first and then install on handle side

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

It can be done without removing transmission, but it takes some maneuvering

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send photo
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

photo sent