Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have an Onan generator in our motor home, unfortunately it

Customer Question

Have an Onan generator in our motor home, unfortunately it has seen limited use and now when we do go to use it it will not rev up under a load, it just bogs down. What should we be looking at? We have checked all the fuses and throttle linkage.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the carb. itself.In some cases it can be debris in the carb. itself causing an issue like this here.I would have this checked into further to be sure this is the cause here and in some cases it may just need cleaned.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but that was no help. The generator is propane fueled and carb is clean. There must be something that activates the throttle to tell it to rev up due to the load. If this is the best you can do Imshould get my money back.
Onan 50 amp Emerald Plus s/n 5980u1L2PA