Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

BONJOUR) I DO HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY ONAN GENSET HDKAJ 7.5

Customer Question

HI. ( BONJOUR) I DO HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY ONAN GENSET HDKAJ 7.5 1045G THE MACHINE START VERY WEEL BUT RUN FOR 5 SECOND ONLY. I DID ALL THE SERVICE ON IT FILTERS AND COOLANT NOW WHAT TO DO THANKS FROM MONTREAL QC
JA: Have you inspected the hoses? Have you checked the radiator fluid?
Customer: YES
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 32' AMBASSADOR 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: FIST CODE ON 36 CHANGE THE AIR FILTER FUEL FILTER AFTER THE CODE CHANGE FOR 33 I DID EMTHY THE COOLANT CLEAN AND FILL WITH NEW 50-50 COOLAND FOR DIESEL
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The first thing you need to do here is to do a fuel flow test.

To do a fuel flow test, get underneath the genset, and remove the return fuel line. It is marked on the side of the genset.
Attach a piece of fuel hose to the nipple, and run the hose into an empty container of at least 1 quart capacity.
Press and hold the STOP/PRIME button for exactly 1 minute.
In 1 minute, it should pump a minimum of ½ pint of fuel. If it does not, there is an issue with the pump or the supply lines.
.

Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Have you done the fuel flow test?