JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a swisher electric start finish cut 11.5hp, 44" 12V

Customer Question

I have a swisher electric start finish cut 11.5hp, 44" 12V mower part # ***** Just over 1 year old. 2 weeks ago it started fine and this weekend when I tried to start it nothing - dead. Battery checked out fine. Didn't have a new spark plug to replace but no attempt at even turning over
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes all that is fine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: has worked several times this spring and summer season and just dead in the water from 2 weeks ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Check the solenoid. Try jumping it by bridging something across the 2 poles. If it starts, replace the solenoid. Also check all your fuses prior to solenoid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not near the mower at this location - if what you suggest doesn't work what do you recommend as the second option?
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

I would check fuses #1. If all fuses are good, bridge the solenoid to start. If that doesn't work, put power directly to the starter and it should start unless starter is bad. Do you hear a clicking noise or anything when you turn key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is fuse #1 the 10A one? How do I put power directly to the starter? No clicking noise at all ... nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there Jon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this all you can help me with?
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

If you do not hear a clicking noise, your solenoid has went out. It a $15-$20 part

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok do you have that part # *****?
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

What else would you like help with? It may be a 10A fuse. Most are 10A, 20A, or 30A

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
solenoid part #
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

I will need model type code of engine. I can give you an after market part number through STENS, but not OEM part number w/o engine info. Do you know if it is a Single or Double pole solenoid. Double Pole Solenoid #435-435 Single Pole Solenoid #435-431. Those numbers are Stens Numbers, but you can google them and see what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only model type I have info on manual says it is a model 310000. Does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doesn't the part # ***** provided help you know if it is a double or single pole solenoid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to end this chat - thx for your help
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Should be a Double pole solenoid

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Located right next to battery

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do what I can to help and your ratings help me

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

I hope you got issue resolved.

Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST and your ratings help me to achieve this goal!