Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

2005 Gator HPX 4x4 Gas. 460 hours, new to me. Have run the

Customer Question

2005 Gator HPX 4x4 Gas. 460 hours, new to me. Have run the machine about 10 hours and the radiator fan has yet to come on. Coolant level is OK, coolant circulates OK (hoses get warm), the fan will run when I ground it so the fan motor works. No temp light. I suspect bad temp switch -- does that control both the fan and the temp light?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Before I drain the coolant and take the radiator apart to to test the switch, I want to make sure that under these operating conditions that the fan should be coming on.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2005 Gator HPX 4x4 Gas. 460 hours, new to me. Have run the machine about 10 hours and the radiator fan has yet to come on. Coolant level is OK, coolant circulates OK (hoses get warm), the fan will run when I ground it so the fan motor works. No temp light. I suspect bad temp switch -- does that control both the fan and the temp light?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

# ***** switch in the lower radiator is the fan switch. See link below.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Switch should have voltage to it with key on, and sends voltage to the fan when it closes.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see question still open. Did you see my response and link?