JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a DR Power Mower with a 20hp &S engine. Clearing a

Customer Question

I have a DR Power Mower with a 20hp B&S engine. Clearing a field and the governor started surging/ oscillating. Is there an adjustment I can make on the engine for myself? I am under deadline and (predictably) my authorized service dealer says there will be a 6 week + wait for repair. Any advice is a blessing! Gina
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Hello, m name is***** am a certified DR DEaler and will be glad to help you. I would check your Gov springs and rod on engine for any damage. There are parts that you yourself can order from DR and install. You can also call DR and they are excellent at helping customers with their products. Please let me know if there is anything I can help with further. there are a number of things it could be, but iwould start with the governor springs and rod.

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Also try and move the governor manually and see if the engine responds. If it doesn't respond manually, then there is an internal governor issue. If it does respond manually, replace springs and/or rod

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
governor springs and rod are fine.....what next?
Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

try manually moving governor for response of engine.

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to manually move the governor and get engine response?

Expert:  JON replied 1 year ago.

Have you solved your issue as of yet? I am here to help any way that I can. PLease let me know if there is anything I may do. If problem is solved, hope my answer was of some assistance. Please RATE me. I strive to be the best, ***** ***** rating will help me to do this. Thank you and have a good evening.