kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059,
68360881

I HAVE A 15 HP KOHLER ENGINE. WILL CRANK FEW SECONDS WHEN I

Customer Question

I HAVE A 15 HP KOHLER ENGINE. WILL CRANK FOR A FEW SECONDS WHEN I PUT GAS IN THE CARBURATOR. THE FUEL LINES ARE CLEAR FROM THE TANK TO THE CARBURATOR. NEW FUEL FILTER INSTALLED CORRECTLY. CARBURATOR HAS BEEN CLEANED INSIDE. IS THERE ANY TING THAT IS KEEPING FUEL FORM THE CARBURTOR?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, when you had the carb apart did you use compressed air to make sure the float seat and jet were clear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARE YOU STILL THEIR?

I am still here. if you remove the float bowl when the float hangs down will fuel come into the carb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'LL CHECK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FUEL BOWL IS FULL

Thanks, ***** ***** jet is somewhat clogged or the carb to engine gasket is leaking causing it to be lean and not have enough vacuum to pull the fuel in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE MOWER HAS SETUP FOR A YEAR

Thanks, ***** ***** defintely recommend removing the carb and soaking it for 30minutes to an hour in carb cleaner and cleaning the jet with a cleaning wire and blowing it out. Sitting that long will build up gum and varnish deposits.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE GASKETS ARE GOOD, BUT IT MAY HAVE HAD E10 GAS IN IT. IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN THE JETS?

E10 will clog jets bad. After soaking it use one of these to clean it.

Click here