How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 13581
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a old computer power products generator, it is

Customer Question

I have a old computer power products generator, it is missing the electronic voltage control, how do I find the right evc unit for it ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

I have been a generator tech for 15 years, and have never heard of Computer Power Products generators.

Are you sure that is the actual brand?

Can you get me all the information from the data plate on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer power products is now the Sweinhart Electric co, the generator is supposed to produce 380 volts, 3 phase, at 50hz ( just what I needed) Come to find that it is a brushless sychronous revovling field generator, and someone stripped off the voltage regulator off it.I need to hook up a electronic voltage regulator to it,I have the 3 large phase wires coming out of it (plus nuetral) and then 3 thin wires dangling down from it (I assume they went to the voltage regulator ?)How do I size to get the right electronic voltage regulator for it ?Gregory
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I can't help you with that one.

I will opt out and hopefully someone else can help you.