Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

All safety switches seem to be ok, while sitting in seat I

Customer Question

all safety switches seem to be ok, while sitting in seat I start up mower, but when I release safety brake engine dies, so I put brake back on and engine runs fine,if I move either handles engine dies. if I get out of seat engine does not die, whats up with my mower, its a 2008 iron eagle
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Are you checking switches with ohm meter for continuity , to see if switches are opening and closing? And have you check continuity between the switches?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive checked the 4 switches, but not between switches-how do you check between switches ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
likei said yesterday mower was as always running great, I stopped to put up a fence section and mower started doing this, runs, but the second I disengage brake while sitting it shuts off
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You tested switches with ohm meter and they change from open to close or closed to open? To check between the switches, you test for continuity between the same wires on the switches, usually by wire color. You want continuity , to show the wire is not broken. parts manual shows three relays, locate them abd mark them , then swap the relays to see if it makes any difference.All three are same. It also has a Delay Module timer that can shut off the engine.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

did you find problem?