Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

Onan7hgjae1912c won't send power to the fuel pump. Pump is

Customer Question

Onan7hgjae1912c won't send power to the fuel pump. Pump is new and works when hard wired
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Generator wont start because fuel pump is not getting power to turn on
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Fuel pump is new and works when connected to battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

If the fuel pump is not getting power, first check the fuse on the side of the control box. Make sure it is not blown.

If the fuse is good, and you are still not getting power, the controller is bad. The pump is powered directly by the controller.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse is good and it will send power to the pump when ever it is in a good mood.
Do you know the part number for the controller on mine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

The part number for that control is(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now running till it warms up then shuts off and not sending power to the fuel pump. But fuel pump is good and so is the fuse would you be almost certain it is the controller
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

It sure is sounding like it.

What fault code are you getting on the gen?