Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Craftsman riding lawn mower model 247.25002 looking for a wiring diagram. replaced electric clutch and now...

Customer Question
Craftsman riding lawn mower model...
Craftsman riding lawn mower model 247.25002 looking for a wiring diagram. replaced electric clutch and now, it will start and run, but once I release the parking brake the engine cuts off. I suspect a interlock switch problem... could use an accurate wiring diagram to figure it out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
6/9/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

No schematic available for the Zturn . But with the mower, the arm switches are the trouble spots. Look at the two neutral arm switches and check them for continuity between them. If either switch is damaged or stuck , engine dies as soon as brake is released. Mower has four safety switches as well as the seat switch. # ***** in the diagram.