Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Snapper lawn mower w/briggs model 120000,825 series.

Customer Question

snapper lawn mower w/briggs model 120000,825 series. elecstart wont work batt new,harness ok. is there a wire plug in at the starter that could be unplugged ? how to see the starter ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Do you have the rider model number ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a push mower !
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

I need the model number to look at diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told you on the first inquiry, this is a briggs model 120000,intek pro 825 series,self propelled electric start lawn mower,push--not riding. if you can't answer,cancel this inquiry and any charge for it ! I simply want to know if there is a wire plug in at the starter,I have checked-rechecked all other possibilities.I own three snappers cant get any help from selling dealer.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

I know it's not a riding mower. , what I need is the snapper model number so we can look at a diagram of the wiring harness from the key to the starter, not the engine model number but the model number of the mower , the snapper model number , most smaller briggs starters have a plug type thing to the starter

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Here is a diagram

http://www.partstree.com/parts/briggs-and-stratton/engines-horizontal-engine-with-recoil-starter/126332-0536-b8-briggs-stratton-engine-rewind-starter/electric-starter-governor-springs-ignition/

There are a few harnesses on the bottom right which looks like yours ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the snapper model # ***** ***** 04/30/13
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Ok did you see the diagram I sent

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Is part 356 the wire your talkinG about , it's lidded as a wire stop . On the starter it looks like a cable is bolted to it