John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

Ok, I have a Mighty Mac and it runs but then it will just

Customer Question

Ok, I have a Mighty Mac chipper and it runs but then it will just die
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Put in new spark plug, drained old gas and put in new. Starts only with starter fluid sprayed into the carb
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 1 year ago.

sorry to hear about the chipper. My name is ***** ***** ill see what I can do to help

being that the machine will run on either tells us that there is spark and compression so that eliminate a lot of things. do you have an wire on the bottom of the carb?

if not then there is simply an issue of getting fuel to the carb. can you remove the bowel on the bottom of the carb and see if there is gas in it? if there is then the carb is gummed up internally

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey John, ok, there is no wire on the bottom of the carb. I took off the filter and looked into the top of the carb, no gas. Do I need to remove something else ??

as long as you have gas flow to the carb the issue would be the carb itself. I would recommend removing and rebuilding or replacing. the ethanol in the gas eats small engine carb like crazy

did you have any luck with the carb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet, got some carb cleaner and have been spraying it every other day. Runs but not under load. Still just dies on it's own