Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Deere 430 garden tractor with mower model #M00273x597189.

Customer Question

John Deere 430 garden tractor with mower model #M00273x597189. Trying to change belt which connects to a spring. What does spring connect to!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** ill see what I can do to help. First off....very sorry for the late response

the spring in question, is it the one in the front or the spring on the deck itself. if the question is on the deck I need the deck model

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mower spiring- belt had broke so we bought new one. We know it connects to spring but don't know where the spring connects to/ Model # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry wrong # *****

no problem. deere lists a number of different decks for this machine. I need to know if the deck is black or yellow and how many inch cut

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's yellow and 60 inch cut

ok perfect. I can send you the drawing by email or fax

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email please to ***********

ok check your email

spring #15 should attach on part#14 and then bracket #32 should be fastened to the deck itself

is that spring new? if so whats the part # ***** the bag

I got your picture.... your absolutely sure it is a deck belt spring right?

can you give me the serial # ***** the deck itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
M00273X597189 is the serial #

that's the serial # ***** the deck?

sorry your correct on the serial #. looking up info now

is it possible that you are missing the spring extension? ( #4) and that is what is throwing everone off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does #4 connect to?

that would hook to #14. I'm trying to find you a better picture. I wish I had an operators manual for this machine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to bother you again but got the picture you sent me for the deck connects to #4 . I have that -my question is what does the other end of the spring attach to?

I believe I have found 430 tractor.... waiting for the owner to email me a picture of the spring so I can forward on to you

well.... I drove out to 3 different places today and none of them had a 60" deck. I have wasted enough of your time so I will opt out and let another lawn tractor expert have a crack at this. Again, I'm sorry to have wasted so much of your time but I just can find a good picture for you. thanks for your patience

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all your help -I just can't believe this is so much trouble!
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have the shop manual and they don't show it either but if you remove the gear box assembly from the center spindle there should be a wear mark of where the spring was.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Did you try my suggestion?