Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a toro 4260 that will not fire up. I have replaced

Customer Question
the fuel filter, sparkplugs and...
i have a toro 4260 that will not fire up. I have replaced the fuel filter, sparkplugs and check the air fliter. it almost starts to run then it keeps cracking. how do i know if the spark plugs are firing? killed the battery trying to start it jumping off now. any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
6/5/2016
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

remove on of the spark plugs, lay it across

the engine wire back on it so ir grounds

and crank it over , need a nice DK blue spark

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If need more info use the info button

Not Poor/Bad service

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
leave the spark plug connected and try to crank it? i should see the spark right?It almost turns over then stops for some reason. it is getting plently of fuel but I do notice it is not flooding like it should with the choke wide open could it be not getting enough fuel? I did crank it with the fuel line loose and it was pumping steady fuel when cranking.

Hi

The plug needs to be out of the motor

and laying on the engine , wire on Plug,

to see a spark

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder