Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

Saber tooth tiger stt-31BSG will not start. Has no spark

Customer Question
changed coils ignition module,interlock module,fuel...
Saber tooth tiger stt-31BSG will not start. Has no spark changed coils ignition module,interlock module,fuel and ignition switch,battery
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
6/4/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Briggs twin engine. and you have no spark? Remove the kill wire between the two coils and see if it has spark.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is a 3 cylinder engine

580447-0116-E2 Briggs, Scag puts and oil pressure switch that can kill spark, have you checked t?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry took so long to get back.
I have checked the oil sensors and also bypassed and no change.

Three cylinder engine and three separate coils, and no spark to any . I see no mention of the pickup trigger coil?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked the crank sensor and swaped out still no spark

If you test the trigger coil with voltmeter on low voltage, do you get any kind of reading from it?

Looking a the wring schematic, I don't see anything else, after you checked the oil pressure switch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the crank sensor with meter and it showed a reading and then went open each time I checked

I would expect it to have a pulsating signal as engine was cranked.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not checked it while the engine was cranking

OK>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How would I know if my signal is grounded out

Just test the two wires from the sensor, and if you get signal, it should work. don't have wires attached , just loose for test.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned the engine over while hooked up to crank sensor it seams to fluctuate on the mV setting

Then it would seem to be good and working.

Good trigger, new coils, new igniter, still no spark, and oil pressure switch is not grounding spark.??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have ordered a new oil switch just cause it'll be in next week.

OK> I don't know anything else to try!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have power to both sides of each coil

I don't have manual for this engine. I don't know if it should have power to both sides, seems like it would not, but I don't know. Let me se what I can find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much

See section 11 for the ignition system. Seems straight forward.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician