Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a Onan generator Model 4kyfa26100k it is showimg a

Customer Question

I have a Onan generator Model 4kyfa26100k it is showimg a fault code of 27. What do I need to do to check this?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: it starts and then cuts off
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Code 27 is AC Voltage Sense Lost.

You need to check and make sure it is putting out 120V.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It want run long enough to check for voltage. As soon as it fires it cuts off
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Then this unit will need to be taken to an Onan dealer that has a Break Out tool. Using a Break Out tool is the only way to keep the unit running long enough to test it out.

A Break Out Tool is about $1000.