Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Tried to start my deere 100 series. battery fully charged.

Customer Question

tried to start my john deere 100 series. battery fully charged. almost started twice, but now wont turn over. just get a clicking noise. batter connections are clean and tight.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what is required
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

A single clicking sound or a rapid clicking? Do you have a voltmeter to check battery voltage when key is turned to start?