Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a zero turn mower, Z6700, mod.#917.204140. When the

Customer Question

I have a zero turn mower, Z6700, mod.#917.204140. When the clutch is on the engine the engine won't turn over and start. when I take the clutch off of the engine the engine starts right away.What does that indicate and how can I fix it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Are you replacing the clutch? The clutch needs a shim between it and the crankshaft. It is tightening down and the engine is loosing the thrust. Need to add more space!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clutch has a spacer that goes no top for space. How tight should the bolt be that holds the clutch on the shaft?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

7/16 bolt, fine thread will torques to close to 60 ft lbs. You don't won't a loose bolt!