Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I own a onan generator model Z482-ES. : i own a onan

Customer Question

i own a onan generator model Z482-ES.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with RV. The RV Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i own a onan generator model Z482-ES generator shuts off when using air conditioner. shows Hi Temp code !
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 14,000. 300 hrs on generator
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: generator runs fine , till you srtat the air conditioner. then about 10 minutes later it shuts off flashing the code service fault 1 hi temp
JA: Is there anything else important you think the RV Mechanic should know about your RV?
Customer: 2006 jayco seneca onan 5500 quiet diesel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: coolant level is good air filter is clean
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Z482 is the model of the Kubota engine.

I need to know the model and serial numbers of the genset itself.