Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need some help with my black and Decker pw1500 : The

Customer Question

Hi, I need some help with my black and Decker pw1500
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The washer builds pressure fine, but when you release the trigger the pump cavitates on and off. The pump should remain off til you next press the trigger
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

#38 is the pressure switch that has to turn the pump on and off when you release the trigger. Problem is, the switch is almost the price of the unit! It is a switch that can't be serviced, only replaced!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have checked that side already and it's not the same cleaner as what I've got. I just don't get how my cleaner started the cycling problem, it was out of the blue. I rarely use it as it is for basic hobby cleaning.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It may be different, but your cleaner has same type pressure switch. Locate it and see if it can be removed and cleaned..Some pressure washers have a valve that moves up to trigger the switch.