Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My ryobi x430 does have oil in cylinder & I've drained it &

Customer Question

My ryobi x430 does have oil in cylinder & I've drained it & pulled starter rope a few times with plug out & when I put plug back in I can now pull the rope but it still has too much compression & won't start
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. If you pull slowly to get past the compression stroke can you pull it the rest of the wayv

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'M SORRY FOR GETTING BACK TO YOU SO LATE BUT I HAD T LAEVE TOWN FOR A FEW DAYS, BUT YES AFTER I START TO PULL THE ROPE IT COMES TO THE COMPRESSION STROKE & IT FEELS LIKE IT HAS WAY TOO MUCH COMPRESSION & THE IT BECOMES A LITTLE EASIER TO PULL UNTIL IT COMES TO COMPRESSION STROKE AGAIN. I HAVE REMOVED THE SPARK PLUG & EMPTIED OIL OUT OF CYLINDER & TRIED TO CLEAN IT OUT BUT DOESN;T SEEN TO HELP. WHAT CAN I DO NEXT. THANK YOU,DAVID COZZENS
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

There is a timing belt on this trimmer , also I'm wondering why oil is getting in the cylinder

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/ryobi/accessories/ry34007-ryobi-30cc-power-head/figure-b/