Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Club golf cart gas powered. When you start it up it will

Customer Question

Club golf cart gas powered. When you start it up it will run, but when you push gas pedal it quits. We have replaced fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, cleaned carb , checked ever office on car. Float is correct. Good batter, but it still quits running
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Club Cat uses a micro swithc that kills engine when it comes back to idle. This switch may be loose or out of adjustment. Located in the same box as the starter solenoid. See picture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switches are brand new to.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Are they adjusted right? Switch will kill engine if it is not in right place!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is screw holes for them, and bolted....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switches are placed properly
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You say it shuts off like the key is turned off? And it will restart immediatly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Press the gas pedal to start the motor, it starts, but as soon as you press down to go, it quits.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Will it immediatly restart? Does it loose spark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it immediately restarts, but then quits. It started dogging down last year, but now it just quits when you try and accelate
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What engine do you have? Year model? Some models use engine with timing belt. Maybe out of time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Club car 1991. Unsure of the motor size. There is no timing belt. Replace spark plug too. It is a 4 stroke engine.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, have you tried a test line from the fuel pumps inlet line, back into the fuel tank filler opening and test drove? Bypassing the tank, suction tube and line to the fuel pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we have not bypassed, we have replaced them.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Just a test that I like to run, to eliminate any possible fule suction problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is getting fuel to the car, you can see the the fuel, they are clear gas lines....
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK, i still suspect the micro switches, but you say they are new and are working. Let me opt out and see if anyone else will reply. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me why you would suspect the micro switches? It does start, but quits when you try and go. We have now taken the entire motor apart, all good there, reinstalled and still doing the same thing. Uuugggh