Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a ZD 28. The deck lift when warm will not go up and

Customer Question

I have a ZD 28. The deck lift when warm will not go up and bogs the pto. This was last week. This week same thing and now right transmission lever when using is slipping
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

From the indicators , you are having a charge pump failure in the hydrostat. The bogging of the pto tells me the pto brake is coming on, it requires the pressure from the charging pump to keep the pto clutch turning. And now with the hydrostat on the right side slipping, Ii think you are in need of a pump! And the complete system cleaned! Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Is there a hydro pump on right side or a hydro motor?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Charge pump is on the back of the transmission housing, see picture,

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find problem?