Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Mini rider was fine, then it shut off, put all thing back

Customer Question

Mini rider was fine, then it shut off, put all thing back for normal start, won't start rear wheels are locked and won't release
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Is the engine turning over when you turn the key ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it seems like its engaged and it shouldn't be I placed all controls in proper position, but the rean wheels are locked up so it won't turn over, had to push it into shed with wheel skidding
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok even locking the parking brake ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at first it turned over, but it won't start, rather run the battery down i stop, the real question if everything is proper for startind, why then does it appear to be in gear it should in neutral position for starting and the rear wheels should be free moving???????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also the clutch works in parked position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not going to spend more money then i have for an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not spending more money, when i don't even have an answer to my problem, not very happy seems like a rip off to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it refund my money, i will find the answer somewhere else, if no refund i"ll stop payment !!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
The phone call is a auto feature , remove the spark plug and see if you can turn the flywheel by hand
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
You don't have to request a phone call and I don't get paid until we get your problem resolved and you rate my service ,. I want to be sure this motor didn't lock up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forget it sorry i even started this, but thank you
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok , if you change your mind you can just reply here