Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have old Dixon art ran good when shut it off in the fall. To

Customer Question

Have old Dixon art ran good when shut it off in the fall. To start this spring, filled with fresh gas, hooked up jumper battery took off air cleaner and intended to spray a little starting fluid in.. Unfortunately I sprayed in a little silicon lubricant rather than starting fluid. Started but blowing whit smoke. And died After a short run. Let it set and charged the battery.
The next day I correctly used a little starter fluid. I no tinged that the carb. Was full of gas!
Tapped the float area it started and got it moved to an area where I could easily could work on it. Checked oil and added several oz's.
Tried starting again, smoking and now blowing oil out of the exhaust! Shut it off as if engine has problem did not want to run it more and possibly ruin the engine! WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON????????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Check to see if your oil smell like gas is mixed in with it. Also, check your oil level, to see if it is over filled. We can continue from here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He does not have texting. Call him at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Are you requesting a phone call? There is an additional charge for phone calls.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I will send you a link. You do not have to accept it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For Pete's sake the mower is not even worth $36
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I understand. I do not recommend the phone call for you and I. This will why I asked you actually wanted a phone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow!
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
We can take our time, and continue on this discussion page.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
I am willing to work with you, until we get our problem resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a nurse. I can't be on the phone. He gave you
My #cause he does not have text. I have to go so we will have to forget this bad idea.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
No problem. I do hope all goes well for you. Check your oil. If it smell like gas is mixed in with it, change your oil, and put in new.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome! Sorry I could not be of assistance to you.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Have a good night, and a good weekend!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund my paypal payment of $36.00 do not call me not all people can afford the high fees for cell phone data and texting! Please confirm that you have reversed the charge***@******.***!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Best wishes to you!
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
You have not been charged. You are not charged until you are satisfied with your answer. I will forward your request to our customer service department.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Donald! Good night!